The UNCLASSIFIED, in-person portions of the symposium will be held 18 & 19 OCT at the Army’s Hale Koa Hotel, in the Brigadier General René Edward DeRussy Hall. CLASSIFIED presentations follow on October 20 and 21 at Camp H.M. Smith and attendance in these sessions requires both a SECRET clearance and submission of a visit request submitted via the Defense Information Security System (DISS, formerly JPAS).
The current Conference Agenda is available here, and will be updated with any last-minute changes: https://www.fbcinc.com/aocpacific/agenda.aspx
Venue Information - All Week
Days 1 & 2 (18 and 19 October)
The Army Hale Koa Hotel at Fort DeRussy has been the symposium venue since 2012. The room block for the Hale Koa Hotel is now closed.
Hale Koa Hotel
2055 Kalia Road
Honolulu, HI 96815
Parking at the Hale Koa is $8 with a validated parking ticket and is good for 10 hours. After 10 hours, the fee is $2.00 per each additional hour. Please bring your ticket to the FBC conference registration desk, outside the DeRussy Hall for validation.
The room block for the Hale Koa Hotel is now closed
Below are other hotels within walking distance of the Hale Koa:
Venue Information - Classified Portion
Days 3 & 4 (20 and 21 October)
The classified plenaries will be held at the Towers Conference Room at HQs, U.S. Pacific Command in Building 700, the Nimitz-MacArthur Pacific Command Center at Camp H.M. Smith.
Attendance requires the submission of a formal visit request certifying security clearance. For allies and partners, this is verified via the Foreign Visit Request, and for U.S. personnel, via a visit request submitted via DISS (formerly JPAS). See classified attendance requirements section below.
Classified Plenary Schedule
Getting on base
- 0800 –1130 Thursday 20 OCT – SECRET, REL TO USA, DEU, FRA, JPN, KOR, FVEY
- 1300 – 1700 Thursday 20 OCT – SECRET, REL TO USA, FVEY
- 0800 – 1400 Friday 21 OCT – SECRET, REL TO USA, FVEY
Special event base access passes for entry onto Camp Smith on Days #4 and #5 will be issued on Day #2. These access passes will allow participants to enter the base. As parking is limited on Camp Smith, we highly encourage visitors to carpool with others who have traveled to attend.
Participation in the bilateral engagements HQ USINDOPACOM by invited Allied military representatives from requires the submission of a Foreign Visit Request in order to receive access badges for entry into the headquarters building. Dr. Arthur Tulak in the USINDOPACOM J81 is the POC. Allied personnel who have been cleared for access will be notified during the conference on Day 1 and Day 2 and will have vehicle access passes issued.
Below are options for DoD personnel seeking lodging closer to Camp Smith, for the two day in-person CLASSIFIED plenary:
- Navy Lodge on Ford Island
The Navy Lodge on Ford Island is close to both the Trade Winds and Camp Smith.
Navy Lodge on Ford Island
JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam
1275 Saratoga Blvd. Bldg. 78
Pearl Harbor, HI 96818
- Navy Gateway Inns and Suites on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
Reservations: (877) NAVYBED (628-9233)
Navy Lodge on Ford Island
JBPHH Main office
15 G. Street, Bldg 1153
JPBHH, HI 96853
There are four different facilities with a nightly rate of $155 for authorized military and DoD civilians.
Pearl Harbor (808) 800-2337
Hickam (808) 800-2330
Classified Attendee Requirements
Attendance in the CLASSIFIED plenary requires the submission of a visit request to USINDOPACOM.
- For U.S. personnel, a visit request via the Defense Information System for Security (formerly known as the Joint Personnel Adjudication System, or JPAS) addressed to the INDOPACOM Security Management Office (SMO) using SMO Code 000386 for SECRET Collateral.
For those intending to attend one or both the TS/SCI breakout sessions, or have scheduled meetings with senior INDOPACOM personnel for TS/SCI discussions, submit using SMO Code 000383. Submit only one visit request for the correct classification.
- INDOPACOM J39 and J81 will monitor visit requests in DISS, and will close registration once the maximum capacity is met. For visit requests submitted via DISS, rejection notices will be sent to the sending security manager.
- SCI visit requests must be sent by a government SMO, SCI visit requests sent by contractor SMOs will not be accepted.
- For Allied personnel, this is in the form of Foreign Visit Request submitted through embassy channels. Following submission of the visit request by your Security Officer, please inform the symposium chair via e-mail that a visit request was submitted, so that J39 can track your interest and manage the attendance list.
Please be sure when requesting access to the classified event, that event description for DISS should be “Pacific IO & EW SYMP”, Dr. Arthur Tulak is the event POC, and the assigned SSO POC is Mr. John Feist, Special Security Office - Camp Smith, (808) 477-7464. To check the status of your visit request, you may contact the INDOPACOM Visitor Control Center (808) 477-9358, which is manned 24/7.
Service working dress and business casual are the preferred dress styles. For military personnel, the uniform of the day of your local Service Command (USARPAC, PACFLT, MARFORPAC, PACAF).
Networking Reception for all participants will be hosted by FBC & AOC, and industry sponsors at the Hale Koa Luau Gardens on Tuesday 18 October - light pupus and beverages while continuing to network with fellow EW/IO professionals.
Discounted AOC membership at $25 will be available at the conference. There’s a great package of benefits, including the monthly JED magazine, access to archives, weekly e-Crow, an Affinity program and much more. If you are based in Hawaii, you will automatically join the Diamond Head AOC Chapter – which is a great social and professional development opportunity.